Successful completion of this assessment provides sufficient evidence of achievement of all the following learning outcomes.
On successful completion of this subject, learners will be able to:
1. Identify characteristics and properties of various fibre classifications
2. Develop a personal visual design resource
3. Access textile resources in the fashion industry
4. Design a garment and sample of fabric application
5. Demonstrate skills in the application of textile design onto fabric
6. Apply knowledge about textile and fashion designer’s use of fabric
7. Experiment and develop creative pattern solutions using drawing techniques
1. Range and depth of research and presentation.
2. Understanding and application of fabric knowledge and textile design processes.
3. Experimentation and creativity